Fulford is a village in Staffordshire, England.  It was recorded in the 1086 Domesday Book as ‘Foleford’, thought to mean ‘foul ford’ or ‘full ford’.  The Anglo-Saxons were the first settlers in the area.  They lived in small houses made of thatch or timber and farmed crops and livestock for a living.  Farming remained central to Fulford’s economy for hundreds of years.  The village gained its first water supply in 1949, until then drawing water from the local well.  Fulford grew fivefold between 1900 and 2000, with hundreds of houses and bungalows being built in the village.  Despite this growth, Fulford remains relatively isolated.  Its medieval lanes still snake through the village, and some of its old farms are still in working order.  The 19th century St. Nicholas Church, Old Vicarage and Calvanistic Chapel still stand, giving the village a historical feel.